ID   PW  
1st WTF Free Style Poomsae Video Contest (for the Pan American Region)

Purpose :
The 7th WTF World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships will take place on December 6-9, 2012 in Tunja, Colombia, which will feature free style poomsae competitions for the first time. On the occasion of the championships, the World Taekwondo Federation holds the 1st WTF Free Style Poomsae Video Contest for the Pan American region, which will help promote poomsae in the Pan American region and the world.


Promoter/organizer :
The World Taekwondo Federation in cooperation with the Pan American Taekwondo Union

Qualification of applicants :
Regardless of age or skill level, taekwondo practitioners in the Pan American region can participate in the contest.

Uniforms :
Only WTF-recognized taekwondo uniforms and WTF-approved taekwondo poomsae competition uniforms can be used.

Contest Categories :
- Individual (men and women)
- Pair (1 male and 1 female)
- Mixed Team (composition of 5 members including at least 2 males and 2 females)
- A practitioner can submit an entry in more than one division.

Video format :
- Time : from 60 seconds to 70 seconds
- AVI file
- Size : 640 X 480 (recommended)
- Videos shot with cellular phones will be accepted depending on quality.
- Music and choreography shall be choice of applicants

Submission :
- Applicants can submit their works online to the following WTF address : www.wtf.org/poomsae
- Dates : August 15-September 25

Posting of WTF Web site :
After thorough screening by the WTF Poomsae Committee, selected entries will be posted on the WTF Web site and WTF social network service sites (Facebook, YouTube) between September 10 and September 28.

Announcement :
Contest winners will be announced through the WTF's official Web site (www.wtf.org) on October 25, 2012.

Prizes :
- Three winners (one representative each from individual, pair and mixed team categories) shall be invited to the opening ceremony of the 7th WTF World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships on December 6 in Tunja, Colombia. `
- An awarding ceremony will take place during the opening ceremony of the championships.

Screening :
- There will be two stages of screening. The first screening will be made by the WTF Poomsae Committee. Based on the committee's screening, successful entries will be posted on the WTF Web site and the WTF YouTube. The top 30 percent of entries based on the online views (YouTube) will go to the final second screening.
- The final second screening will be made by the WTF Review Board.
- The WTF Review Board will be composed of WTF poomsae international referees. A total of 50 WTF poomsae IRs will be on the WTF Review Board, 10 each from Asia and Europe, five each from Africa and Oceania, and 20 from Pan America.
- The WTF Review Board will in principle follow the WTF Poomsae Competition Rules and Interpretation.

Scoring criteria :
- The WTF Review Board will account for 70 percent the final score and online views (Facebook and YouTube) of the entry will account for the remaining 30 percent.
- The WTF Review Board's scores will be made up of technical skills (60 percent) and presentation (40 percent)
- Technical skills will be made up of level of difficulty of foot techniques, accuracy of movements and degree of completion of poomae, while presentation will be composed of creativeness, harmony, expression of energy and music & choreography.

Notes :
- Performed techniques must be within the boundaries of taekwondo. Other martial art's techniques or similar techniques will be out of screening by the WTF Poomsae Committee. Within days of the receipt of the entries, the WTF Poomsae Committee will determine whether they are acceptable or not.
- No special effects or wire stunts will be accepted.

Rights and Jurisdiction :
- The World Taekwondo Federation retains the rights to use the entries for public use.
- The entrants shall be legally responsible for the video images entered.
- Videos entered will not be returned to the applicants.

Contacts :
If you have any questions on the contest, please email at pr@wtf.org or call at +82 2 566 2505.